- On the Road to Marriage Equality by Perfect Harmony Men's Chorus
- Proud Theater to hold joint performances of all 3 Wisconsin chapters
- Queer Shorts 8!
- Disability Pride Madison Kick-Off Event!
- Fair Wisconsin Statement on Minnesota Senate Vote for Marriage Equality
- Meghan Roed joins Law Center for Children and Families as new associate
- Paths to Healing conference on Child Sexual Abuse Survival with a focus on addressing male survivors
- Ride the Drive-Downtown- Sunday, June 2
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Nominations Sought for OutReach Community Awards
MADISON - OutReach, Madison and South Central Wisconsin’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) Community Center, is seeking nominations of individuals, organizations, and businesses that have made outstanding contributions to Madison’s LGBT community in the past year.
Awards will be presented at OutReach’s 20th Annual Community Awards Banquet, to be held Friday, September 14th, at the Monona Terrace Convention Center.
Please take a few minutes to nominate a person or organization whose work make a substantial contribution to improving equality and quality of life for LGBT people in South Central Wisconsin.
A committee of community members reviews the nominations and selects award recipients. Past award winners, OutReach staff and board members are not eligible to receive awards.
Award categories are David Runyon Memorial Man of the Year, Susan Green Memorial Woman of the Year, Business or Organization of the Year, Ally of the Year (non-LGBT individuals or groups that support the LGBT community) and OutReach Volunteer of the Year. Special Recognition and Courage awards are not presented every year but are categories available for nomination.
Nomination forms are available at OutReach (600 Williamson St, 255-8582) or online at http://www.lgbtoutreach.org/.
Nominations must be received by August 3, 2012.
The OutReach LGBT Community Center has served Madison & Dane County’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities since 1973, providing counseling, advocacy, education, and information/referral services. We also offer a lending library, free publications, and meeting space, and other services.