- This event has passed.
Wisconsin NOW State Convention
April 21, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
* Has LGBTQ content
* May be of interest to the LGBTQ community
Elect Wisconsin State Chapter officers ♦ Hear from elected officials and social justice leaders ♦ Participate in an LGBTQ Ally training
Light refreshments will be provided.
Open to everyone, but only those who’ve been NOW members for 30 days or more may vote for chapter officers.
RSVP to help us make sure we have enough materials.
10:20-11:00 am–LGBTQ Ally Training with OutReach- Madison’s LGBT Community Center
11:10 am-12:10 pm–Panel: How Scott Walker has left Wisconsin women behind: what’s at stake in the gubernatorial race. Representative Lisa Subeck, Wisconsin State Representative Dianne Hesselbein, Representative Terese Berceau. Moderated by Carousel Andrea Bayrd
12:15-1:15 pm–Panel: What feminists of color want white feminists to know. Speakers: Shiva Bidar, Ali Muldrow, Angela Lang, Sabrina Madison. Moderated by Tracy Shih Cavnar
1:15-2 pm–Elect new state officers
Officer Positions for Election
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to nominate someone for a position, including yourself. The names of those running will be sent to members in advance of the convention.
Declared candidates so far
Lindsay Lemmer for Wisconsin NOW President
Heather Huber for Wisconsin NOW Vice President of Action
Debbie McNulty for Wisconsin NOW Executive Vice President
Mindy Wara Maciolek for Wisconsin NOW Secretary/Treasurer
Officers shall be elected for two-year terms at the regular State Conference. No member shall hold more than one state elective office at a time, and no member shall be eligible to serve more than four consecutive terms in the same office.
All candidates for state office must belong to the National Organization for Women for no fewer than three months prior to the State Conference and must be members of WI NOW.
Any of these roles may be co-led by two members
Local officers may also hold state positions
One must be a member for 30 days prior to an election in order to vote, and be a NOW member for 90 days or more to hold state office.
See the full state chapter bylaws for further information: http://www.nowmadison.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/WI-NOW-2011-bylaws-proposal.doc
1). Call and chair a State council meeting at least every three months.
2) Convene new chapters.
3) Chair the State Conference.
4) Maintain contact with each Chapter and attempt to visit each Chapter once per year. The President may call on the Vice Presidents to help with this responsibility.
5) Perform any additional duties which may be assigned by the membership or required by the policies of WI NOW.
6) Expand NOW’s presence and impact statewide, include working to help start new chapters of NOW in areas without a nearby local chapter.
Vice President – Executive
1) Serve as president when the President is absent.
2) Assist the President in maintaining personal contact with the Chapters.
3) Perform additional duties assigned by WI NOW.
Vice President of Action
1) Suggest and oversee actions designed to further WI NOW’s policies and priority issues.
2) Assist the Task Force Chairs.
3) Ensure that WI NOW meets the affirmative action requirements set forth in National Organization for Women policies.
4) Perform additional duties assigned by WI NOW.
1) Overall all assets of Wisconsin NOW.
2) Work with the officers and state council to prepare an annual budget.
3) Monitor all income and expenditures and pay necessary bills.
4) File all necessary governmental reports.
5) Prepare financial reports for the officers, state council, and membership.
6) Prepare and distribute minutes of all state council meetings, state conferences, and other meetings as directed by the officers.
7) Work with the other officers or committees to maintain lists of state leadership.
8) Other duties as assigned by the organization.
January 21 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
January 24 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 7:30pm, repeating until January 26, 2019