Madison, Wis. – Overture Center is now accepting registrations for the third annual Overture’s Rising Stars. Performers from South Central Wisconsin will participate in the preliminary audition at Overture Center, Full Compass, or the Westside Community Services Building. Online registration is open as of Wednesday, June 1st at 10:00 a.m. at www.overturecenter.org/programs/rising-stars.
As part of Overture’s 10th Anniversary, Overture’s Rising Stars was premiered as a local talent search aimed at highlighting and celebrating members of our local communities. In its first year, the program garnered more than 200 acts auditioned at six sites across Dane County.
- All performers ages 6 and up are encouraged to register and audition.
- Any genre (music, spoken word, magic, dance, etc.) is welcome.
- Judging will be done by age group (6-12, 13-18, 19+) and performance category (music, dance, variety). Acts will be age-grouped according to the age of the oldest person in the group, and category-grouped according to the principal performance style of the group.
- Cash prizes and upgraded Broadjam memberships will be awarded to Finalists in up to 9 categories who are named Overture’s Rising Stars. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a Primo Broadjam membership have an opportunity to perform at Overture next season. Everyone who auditions will receive a general Broadjam membership.
Performers must register for ONE of the three Preliminary Auditions.
- Saturday, July 23, 2016 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Overture Center for the Arts (201 State St, Madison, WI 53703)
- Saturday, August 6, 2016 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Full Compass (9770 Silicon Prairie Pkwy, Verona, WI 53593) – best location for bands
- Saturday, August 13, 2016 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Westside Community Services Building (2598 W Main St, Sun Prairie, WI 53590)
- Saturday, August 27, 2016 at Overture Center for the Arts (Capitol Theater)
- Saturday, September 24, 2016 at Overture Center for the Arts (Capitol Theater) at 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets start at $12 will be available later this summer at overturecenter.org or by calling 608.258.4141
Judges (bios attached):
- Corey Mathew Hart (2014 Overture’s Rising Stars Grand Prize Winner)
- Andrea Jones
- DJ Pain 1
- Jessica Lanius
- Scott O’Donnell
- Anglinia Washington
- Tony Castañeda
Overture’s Rising Stars is supported by Madison-Kipp Corporation and Dane Arts with additional funds from the Endres Mfg. Company Foundation, the Evjue Foundation Inc., -the charitable arm of The Capital Times, the W. Jerome Frautschi Foundation, the Pleasant T. Rowland Foundation, and Sara and Eliot Butler.