- This event has passed.
Aquaponics Basics Class
October 11, 2014 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$70 - $125
This Event: May be of interest to the LGBTQ community
Come joins us for our half-day Aquaponics Basics Classes, hosted by Paradigm Gardens. Learn to build a cold-climate aquaponics greenhouse using recycled materials that produces $4000 of fish and greens per year using only $200 of electricity, in a space smaller than your bedroom.
Walk through the basics of aquaponics design, greenhouse design, fish care and selection, water quality, heating, and where to find materials on the cheap.
Learn hands-on with our portable aquaponics trailer.
Sessions are independent. Take part 1 or part 2 in any order.
– Part 1: October 11, 9am-1pm: System Types, Plant & Fish Selection, Aeration, and Startup / Water Testing
– Part 2: November 2, 9am-1pm: Hot & Cold Weather Design, Electronic Controls, Stuff I’ve Done Wrong
– Location: Paradigm Gardens ~ 4501 Helgesen Dr, Madison
– Coffee and Pastries Served
– Call with questions: 608-616-0463
Jeremiah Robinson (the instructor) is an professional energy engineer and designer of cold-climate backyard aquaponics systems. He writes a column for Aquaponics Survival Communities, gives talks around Wisconsin, and publishes this blog.
Nearby classes for price comparison.
– Growing Power: $400 / 2 days
– Nelson Pade: $995 / 3 days